Here are 7 fundraising ideas:
- Raise money from friends and family using an online platform such as Facebook. Pick a goal and then spread the word!
- Participate in matching gift initiatives and/or employee giving campaigns at your workplace.
- Host a restaurant fundraising night in your local community. Find restaurants in your area that will donate a percentage of their proceeds on a chosen date to Families for Depression Awareness. Let people know by setting up a Facebook event, sending out emails, passing out flyers, making calls, and however else you communicate with your friends, family, and community members.
- Shop on AmazonSmile, a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The AmazonSmile Foundation donates 0.5% of the purchase price to the charitable organization of your choice. This link directs you to smile.amazon.com and pre-selects Families for Depression Awareness as your designated charity. Whenever you are shopping with Amazon.com, start at smile.amazon.com.
- Lead your own Strides Against Stigma® walk, run, or bike-a-thon. Select a date and a goal, set up a fundraising page, and invite friends and family to donate or participate to support your efforts.
- Designate Families for Depression Awareness as your charity on PayPal, then make no-fee donations through the PayPal Giving Fund.
- Create your own customized fundraising event such as a dinner, bake sale, or car wash. Email email@example.com for ideas and tips.
Our federal tax id is 04-3546730. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Contact Valerie Cordero at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
We are a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
Want to hold your own Strides Against Stigma fundraiser?
- Create a Give Lively account.
- Follow each step to make your individual Peer-to-Peer Fundraising page. You can customize your page with your picture, a message about your Strides Against Stigma® fundraiser, and more.
- Start fundraising! Once your page is ready, share it via email, text, and social with your family, friends, colleagues and the world.