Services and Fees
Our Care Consultation Services includes two meetings, a screening analysis, an action plan, and a list of referrals. You can schedule additional meetings according to the needs of your family or request a list of referrals only.
Care Consultation Package
- Depression and Bipolar Disorder Screening
- Family History Screening
- Analysis of screening results by Care Consultant
Family Meeting #1
- 1-hour meeting with Care Consultant
- Identification of top clinical and family needs
- Discussion of screening results and situation
- Discussion of family’s top concerns
Family Meeting #2
- 1-hour meeting with Care Consultant and Referral Specialist
- Coaching on family communication and expectations
- Care planning
Action Plan and Referrals
- Written plan summarizing action steps delivered to family
- Written referral list of clinics and programs that meet your needs delivered to family (clinics and programs that take your health insurance plan or accept private payments, based on your needs)
Cost of Care Consultation Package
- Includes screening, two family meetings, action plan, and referrals
Additional Meetings for Follow-Up Support
- For meetings in addition to those in the Care Consultation Package
Referrals to Clinics and Programs Only
- Call (781) 890-0220 for this service; meetings and action plan not included
We accept major credit cards. There is a $125 deposit due at time of booking. Please call us to give 24 hours notice if you cannot make your appointment. If you give less than 24 hours notice, your deposit will not be refunded.
We do not accept insurance at this time; however, families that are unable to pay may be eligible for a sliding scale fee for a reduced rate or free Care Consultation.
Getting Started is Easy
Complete the short survey below to see if a Care Consultation might meet your needs. Please note we currently offer consultations only for people in Massachusetts (person of concern and/or involved family members).
If a Care Consultation might meet your needs, you’ll receive an email with links to forms so you can provide information about your situation and concerns. A financial aid application will also be included if applicable.
After we receive and review your completed forms, we will be able to schedule your first appointment. We strive to meet with each family within 2 weeks of initial contact so that we may address your concerns as quickly as possible.