Families for Depression Awareness 2009 Achievements

Attention: open in a new window. PDFPrintE-mail

The Founder and President of Families for Depression Awareness, Julie Totten, delivers a recap of 2009 accomplishments in her year-end message.

Families for Depression Awareness is here to help families recognize and cope with depressive disorders to get people well and prevent suicides. I founded the organization in 2001 because I lost my brother Mark to suicide and I wanted to help others avoid this tragedy.

Our accomplishments this year include:

• Support for over one million people who came to our Web page, called or emailed.
  • Production of the Depression in the Family podcast show, now reaching 25,000 listeners.
  • Help for 30 million people through media outlets (NPR, CBS News, WebMD, and many more).
  • Promotion of the Mental Health Family Tree to track family history of depressive disorders.
  • Support of 460 Caregiver Support Groups.
  • Creation of the Depression Wellness Analyzer.

• Distribution of over 5,000 guides to 53 clinics, 167 schools through our Teen Depression Program.
  • Translation of our Parent and Teen guides into Spanish to reach Latino communities.

If you’ve made an annual gift to Families for Depression Awareness this year, we thank you!

If you haven’t yet done so, please give by check or credit card /PayPal. It’s easy, fast and secure.

I admire you all and the great work you do for this organization.  And I deeply value your sincere efforts and contributions.

Please accept my profound appreciation for helping Families for Depression Awareness. Without your thoughtfulness, we would struggle to be heard.

Have a joyous, reflective holiday season and New Year!

Family Profiles

"Like" FamilyAware.org