Coping with Depression in the Family Conference 2003, A Great Success!

Attention: open in a new window. PDFPrintE-mail

Saturday
November 1, 2003
Bunker Hill Community College
Boston, MA

More than 200 people attended our conference November 1, 2003.

To view these documents, you may need: Adobe's Acrobat Reader PDF Viewer; or Microsoft's PowerPoint Viewer. Both viewers are free.

Participant Comments

• “A very uplifting conference. Caregiving can be so isolating.” — Mary Lou Osborne
  • “Excellent! Hats off to you! Keep it up!”
  • “It was informative, helpful, and gave me a sense of hope.”
  • “Thank you so much for this great day! It was a great blessing.” — Joanne Carey
  • “Great conference, I will tell lots of people about it. Can't believe this is only your second conference. Keep up the good work.” — Alex Nunnelly
  • “It took six plus hours to get here from Maine, but well worth coming!!” — Joanne Marian-Addison
  • "I have received many blessings today. Validation, Openness and acceptance. This has been a wonderful, informative conference. Thank you.” — Mary Anne Wilson
  • “I was extremely impressed with this conference-the quality of speakers and of the information.” — Nina Ryan
  • “The conference allowed me to learn about crisis planning, be affirmed that there is hope of a good future for our daughter, and to connect with others who are walking the same parenting road we are. Knowing that we are not alone keeps our hope, spirit, and energy up to the task of parenting.”
  • “It was a wonderful experience, both as a participant and as a presenter. I felt a genuine sense of belonging and acceptance throughout the day, which is something that is usually quite foreign to me because of my illness.” — Christopher Drummy
  • “My wife wore her Families for Depression Awareness button to work on Sunday. Throughout her hours at work she experienced a great number of responses--many from strangers--acknowledging the message. One example of genuine human connection was a spontaneous hug of support she received from one customer who indicated a personal experience with depression, and at least a passing resolve to honor the call to end the silence.”
  • “I wear my button proudly and tell everyone I meet about the conference.”

Family Profiles

"Like" FamilyAware.org