How You Can Raise Money to Support Families for Depression Awareness
If you are interested in supporting our programs for teens and families, we encourage you to help by raising money for Families for Depression Awareness! We are a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
Here are 6 fundraising ideas:
- Raise money from friends and family using an online platform such as Facebook or GoFundMe. Pick a goal and then spread the word!
- Participate in matching gift initiatives and/or employee giving campaigns at your workplace.
- Host a restaurant fundraising night in your local community. Find restaurants in your area that will donate a percentage of their proceeds on a chosen date to Families for Depression Awareness. Let people know by setting up a Facebook event, sending out emails, passing out flyers, making calls, and however else you communicate with your friends, family, and community members.
- Shop on AmazonSmile, a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The AmazonSmile Foundation donates 0.5% of the purchase price to the charitable organization of your choice. This link directs you to smile.amazon.com and pre-selects Families for Depression Awareness as your designated charity. Whenever you are shopping with Amazon.com, start at smile.amazon.com.
- Lead your own Strides Against Stigma virtual walk, run, or bike-a-thon. Select a date and a goal, set up a crowdfunding page, and invite friends and family to donate or participate to support your efforts.
- Create your own customized fundraising event such as a dinner, bake sale, or car wash. Email email@example.com for ideas and tips.
Our EIN is 04-3546730. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Contact Valerie Cordero at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.